5 Areas the Enemy Wants to Attack Your Kids
Area #5: Money, Possessions and Work
We want our children to have a healthy relationship with money, understanding that possessions are not equated to a person’s worth nor do they bring ultimate happiness. We want them to understand that the things of this world can bring us enjoyment, but that lasting joy is found only in God.
How the Enemy Attacks:
- Like Eve in the Garden, he teases and tempts our kids with good looking “fruit” (worldly possessions) that he promises will solve their problems and bring fulfillment.
- He convinces them that they need to do everything they can to get ahead (including compromising their values, if need be) because having lots of money and possessions is the ultimate goal.
- Through a spirit of ingratitude, he keeps them insecure, empty and preoccupied with thoughts of what they do not have so that they’re always looking for more.
How You Can Pray for Your Kids:
- Pray that God would help you to model a healthy example of how to handle possessions and money.
- Pray that your kids would persevere in whatever vocation God leads them to and that they would work with cheerful hearts as if they were serving God directly.
- Pray that your kids would see at an early age that money and possessions are a gift from You and thus must be always held with an open hand so that You can use those gifts to bless others.
- Pray that your kids would find their value in their true identity as a child of God, not in the possessions they do or do not have.
- Pray for contentment and gratefulness in whatever situation they’re given—rich or poor.
Scriptures to Teach Our Kids:
Additional Helpful Resources:
Let’s commit to regularly fight against the enemy’s schemes by powerfully praying for our kids in these areas!
Want to see the list again? Go HERE to return to the first page in this post.
Other Posts on Christian Parenting:
Did this post encourage or inspire you? Please share it with others (pin, tweet or share on Facebook)!