We all know how important it is to say I love you to our spouses. But while the words “I love you” are great, sometimes they just don’t feel like enough!
Here’s a fun list of 130 everyday ways to say I love you to your husband or wife.
These are sweet ways to let he or she really know that you care!
There’s more than 100 ways to say I love you here, and each of them is a great way to flirt with your spouse and keep the spark alive in your marriage.
How to Use this List of Creative Ways to Say I Love You
- Choose 30 things from the list and do 1 thing everyday for the next 30 days.
- Give this list as a gift to a newly married couple.
- Use 3 or 4 of these ideas as a fun Valentine’s Day surprise.
- Print out the list (get a printable download HERE and cut each idea into a strip of paper. Pull out one idea a week and plan to make it happen.
Or just print the list here and plan to do a few of these from time to time!
These little things can make such a big difference in your marriage (they do in mine)!
You’re going to love these 130 ways–yes, 130 unique ways!–that you can tell your spouse I love you.
Is This List of Ways to Say I Love You for Men or Women?
Since this site’s readership is mainly women, these different ways to say I love you are written as ways to say I love you to your husband.
However, this list of cute ways to say I love you is also excellent for you husbands who wonder how to say I love you to your wife.
For grammar’s sake, however, I’ve written this post as if the ways to say I love you ideas were written for a woman to use on a man.
For example, the ideas are written as “give him a love note” instead of “give him or her a love note” in order to ease readability. I know that if you’re a guy reading this than you can make the translation in your head, right? 🙂
All of these ideas may not be the perfect fit for your spouse. But with over 100 ways to say I love you, I can guarantee that you’ll find quite a few that your husband or wife would love!
Find what would make your husband or wife feel loved, and do it today!
P.S. CLICK HERE to download the printable version of this list so it’s always handy!
Sweet Ways to Say I Love You to Your Husband or Wife
1) Post something awesome about him on social media.
2) Fix his favorite dessert (or make something scrumptious from this Pinterest dessert board).
3) Start a “What I love about you” war of notes. Watch what happened when my husband and I did this for a few days!
4) Take a fun selfie together.
5) Put a love note in his lunch.
6) Share a favorite family memory together.
7) Share one dream you have for your marriage.
8) Play his favorite song for him.
9) Make/buy his favorite food from childhood.
10) Start a “love journal” (an ongoing journal where you can write messages back and forth).
11) Let him sleep in longer than you.
12) Plan a picnic.
13) Encourage him with a scripture (here are 20 verses on joy).
14) Go on a double (or triple) date.
15) Watch a romantic movie together (here’s a list of our favorites).
16) Say something nice about him in front of someone else.
17) Send flowers just because.
18) Clean his car for him unexpectedly.
19) Offer to watch the kids so he can have a night with the guys.
20) Find new ways to flirt (here are 18 ideas!).
21) Offer to share a blanket together and snuggle.
22) Get his morning coffee for him.
23) Secretly hold hands while at dinner.
24) Plan a scavenger-hunt-style date (that takes him to his favorite places).
25) Give him a “love jar” and for 30 days fill it with a note on a piece of paper of what you love about him.
26) Take his clothes to the dry cleaner (or help him fix those clothes that need to be repaired).
27) Replace old photos of the two of you with updated pictures.
28) Text him with your favorite three words to describe him (and include lots of hearts).
29) Massage his feet after a long day.
30) Give him a neck rub.
31) Plan a surprise outdoor date at the start of a new season.
32) While in public, catch his eye and mouth “I love you”.
33) Wink at him from across the room.
Creative Ways to Say I Love You To Your Husband or Wife
Some of these ways to say I love you are a little out of the box, or perhaps they are perfect if you want to say I love you in a creative, artsy way.
But give them a try! Each of them are such a fun way to share your love and bring a new spice to your relationship!
35) Write “I love you” in pasta noodles on his dinner plate.
36) Help him learn a skill he’s been wanting to learn.
37) Give him tickets to his favorite band.
38) Make him a mug that says something you love about him.
39) Take care of a household task he’s been dreading (My husband cleaned up our (very messy) guest room last week and I literally cried when I saw it!).
40) Spell “I love you” in alphabet letters (and leave it on the kitchen counter or place where he’ll see it)
41) Make a scrapbook of your favorite memories as a couple.
42) Work on a DIY house project together.
43) Get outside and exercise together.
44) Write SHMILY (“See How Much I Love You”) on a fogged up mirror after his shower.
45) Train for a 5K (or other big physical challenge) together.
46) Go to a concert together.
47) Have fun new pictures taken together and create new photo art for your bedroom.
48) Read (and do) the Love Dare book.
49) If he has a beard, make him an easy DIY Beard Oil.
50) Write him a poem.
51) Make him a homemade lotion to relieve any everyday aches/pains.
52) Surprise him with a playlist of songs you know he’ll love.
53) Write “I love you” in dry erase marker on his car rearview mirror.
P.S. Overwhelmed by the number of ideas?
NO PROBLEM! CLICK HERE to download a printable version so you don’t have to remember them all!
Romantic Ways to Say I Love You
54) Kiss him unexpectedly.
55) Draw him a hot bath (and maybe join him!).
56) Share a favorite memory from your wedding/honeymoon.
57) Choose to sleep in late.
58) Surprise him by initiating physical contact that leads to making love.
59) Hop in the hot tub together (bathing suits optional!).
60) Run your fingers through his hair.
61) Surprise him with breakfast in bed (with you as the dessert!).
62) Tell him 3 reasons why you chose him to be your husband.
63) Plan a romantic date where you take him to a restaurant you know he’ll love.
64) Write a note telling him 3 things you love about him.
65) Tell him he looks sexy in his work clothes.
66) Recreate your first date.
67) Light a candle with a scent he’d love.
68) Create a scavenger hunt with post-it notes (maybe that ends in the bedroom?).
69) Visit the spot where you were married (and a take a photo).
70) Learn massage techniques and give each other a massage.
71) Wear an everyday outfit you know he thinks you look sexy in.
72) Plan a romantic at-home date together.
73) Ask if he’d like to turn in early and spend time alone upstairs together (doing whatever he’d like).
74) Read books together on how to have better sex.
75) Book a marriage retreat together.
76) Spend 2 hours alone in the bedroom together connecting intimately.
77) Buy him his favorite cologne (and let him know how great he smells wearing it!).
78) Take a staycation day together.
79) Walk behind him and playfully grab his bottom.
80) Say yes to making love (on a day when you’re too tired).
81) Take a shower together (light a candle or two in there too to be really romantic!).
82) Buy new lingerie and surprise him when you go to bed tonight.
Everyday Ways to Say I Love You to Your Husband (or Wife)
It’s the little things in marriage, right? Little marriage habits can make or break our marriage relationships.
How can your everyday marriage habits transform your marriage?
WATCH THE VIDEO:
83) Go on a walk together.
84) Say I’m sorry.
85) Buy him a special treat at the grocery store.
86) Skype or use FaceTime when he travels.
87) Compliment him on his outfit.
88) Call him just to say hi.
89) Put your arm around him while driving.
90) Tell him he looks handsome today.
91) Watch his favorite television series together.
92) Make him a snack after a hard day of work.
93) Run an errand for him.
94) Give him an unexpected hug.
95) Say please and thank you.
96) Choose to not get angry (even when you have a “right” to be angry).
97) Take extra good care of him when he’s sick.
98) Ask him about his day and really listen.
99) When you want to be angry and upset over his actions, choose to not blame.
100) Let him choose the movie, the TV show, where to eat, etc.
101) Fix his favorite dinner after he’s had a tough day.
102) Watch a sports game with him and cheer on his favorite team.
104) Look into his eyes for 10 seconds and smile.
105) Hold hands while watching TV.
106) Massage his muscles after a heavy workout.
107) Laugh and be silly together.
108) Cook something new together.
109) Clean his cell phone screen for him.
110) Choose to not talk badly about him with your friends.
111) Open the door for him.
112) Create a DIY stress balm (using Peace and Quiet essential oil blend) for him to use on his toughest days.
113) Read a book out loud together.
114) Sit outside and share about the day (read about how we love our daily 15 minutes in our porch swing).
115) Offer to drive on a long trip when he’s tired.
116) Go on a hike.
117) Share a joke you heard that day.
118) Read a book about growing your marriage and implement the principles yourself.
119) If you typically put the kids to bed together, offer to put the kids to bed by yourself.
120) Pray for him. Speaking of prayer, here are three specific ways to say I love you that involve prayer:
121) Pray for him about ongoing issues about his work.
122) Pray for his sexual purity (and for your physical intimacy to stay healthy and strong).
123) Pray for a strong friendship for your marriage.
124) Watch his favorite movie together.
125) Play a board game or card game together.
126) Choose to let it go (you know what it is!).
127) Forgive him when he says something hurtful.
128) Choose to think the best of him.
129) Share a magazine article or post with him that he’d love.
130) Fill up his gas tank when it’s low.
P.S. Make it easy to remember all these ideas! DOWNLOAD THE CHEAT SHEET
so you can have the ideas ready to go!
What Are the Best Ways to Say I Love You to Your Spouse?
Only you can answer that question! I’d highly recommend you become a student of your spouse’s love’s languages.
Experiment with this list of over 100 ways to say I love you and notice which ways to say I love you seem to resonate most with your husband or wife.
Most of the ways to say I love you can be divided into four categories based on the best-selling book The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman:
- giving gifts
- quality time
- words of affirmation
- acts of service
- physical touch
If you’d like to learn more about fun creative ways to say I love you to your husband or wife, I highly recommend that you check out The 5 Love Languages book.
With over 11,000 5-star Amazon reviews, clearly this book has lots of great relationship and would be great inspiration for even more ways to say I love you!
Go here to get the book.
Remember, Here Are Fun Ways to Use this List of Ways to Say I Love You
- Choose 30 things from the list and do 1 thing everyday for the next 30 days
- Give a copy of the printed cheat sheet list as a gift to a newly married couple
- Use 3 or 4 of these ideas as a fun Valentine’s Day surprise
- Print out the list (get a printable download here) and cut each into strips. Pull out one a week and plan to make it happen.
Other Posts That Encourage Your Marriage
Help keep the love going! Please share this post by pinning it, tweeting it or posting about it on Facebook.
Thanks for your help in sharing these ways to say I love you with couples all over the world!