Looking for a great new chicken dinner recipe?
You’ll love this Baked Chicken Margherita Dinner: a wonderful spin on the classic Italian flavors of chicken, mozzarella, marinara sauce and fresh basil, all served over pasta with arugula.
If your family likes Italian food, this tasty chicken recipe is an easy weeknight meal to prepare! It only takes a few minutes to throw together, uses one pan (plus a pot for the pasta) and is a kids’ favorite too.
And best of all, the ingredients for meals like this Chicken Margherita Dinner can be delivered right to your door. No trip required to the grocery store for an incredible meal. Yes, you read that right!
That’s because this Baked Chicken Margherita Dinner is just one of many meals from Martha & Marley Spoon, an awesome meal delivery service that brings pre-portioned ingredients for delicious meals right to your doorstep.
With Martha & Marley Spoon, you simply choose which recipes you’d like each week (the menu changes weekly); how many people you’ll be serving; and the ingredients are delivered on your preferred arrival day in a large, chilled box.
And yes, the “Martha” in Martha & Marley Spoon refers to the one and only Martha Stewart! You get Martha Stewart’s celebrated recipes (and all the ingredients) sent to your home so that you can have delicious, gourmet family dinners that are a snap to assemble and cook!
Does it get any better than that? (OK, maybe you could have Martha come over and make it for you, but… that probably won’t happen in the near future. At least, not at my house).
Ingredients are sorted individually for each meal and include beautiful, four-color double-sided recipe cards with six easy instruction steps.
If you’re looking for ways to make dinner easier (and get some incredible new recipes), I’d highly recommend Martha & Marley Spoon! They were gracious enough to let our family taste 4 different meals (including the Chicken Margherita) and they were all super delicious.
In fact, they’ve allowed me to share the Chicken Margherita Recipe here so you can taste for yourself how great the Martha & Marley Spoon recipes are!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 can cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 oz. fresh basil
- 1 oz fresh Parmesan
- 8 oz fresh Mozzarella
- 8 oz. baby arugula
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- coarse salt (as needed)
- freshly ground pepper (as needed)
- STEP 1: BROWN CHICKEN. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Season chicken generously all over with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and brown well on each side, about 10 minutes total. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- STEP 2: MAKE SAUCE. Peel and thinly slice garlic. Heat skillet over medium-high with 1 tablespoon oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauce until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup water, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2/3 basil sprigs. Bring to a simmer, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce is slightly reduced, about 7 minutes.
- STEP 3: COOK CHICKEN. Grate Parmesan. Stir 1/3 of the Parmesan into the skillet, add chicken to sauce, and transfer to the oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- STEP 4: ADD CHEESE. Meanwhile, slice mozzarella in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise into half moons. Turn chicken over in the sauce to coat. Scatter mozzarella over chicken and sauce. Switch oven to broil with rack 6 inches from heat source. Broil until mozzarella is melted, about 3 minutes. (Watch closely as broilers vary in intensity.)
- STEP 5: MAKE PASTA. Meanwhile, add the pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente, 7-8 minutes; drain.
- STEP 6: FINISH. Toss pasta with arugula, 3 tablespoons olive oil and remaining vinegar and Parmesan. Season well with salt and pepper. Remover remaining basil leaves from stems. Tear over the top of the chicken skillet and serve with pasta. Enjoy!
FTC Disclosure: I received goods from Martha & Marley Spoon in exchange for an honest review of their meal delivery service.
*Baked Chicken Margherita Recipe republished with permission from Martha & Marley Spoon.