And it turns out that you can really damage your screen with the wrong cleaner ingredients or methods!
So before we go any further, jot these down…
6 Important Tips for Safely Cleaning Your Cell Phone Screen
1) Never spray directly on the screen itself (always spray on a cloth first, then wipe).
2) Use a microfiber cloth to clean (paper-based products like paper towels can scratch the screen).
3) Don’t use rubbing alcohol (it can damage the finish).
This was the one that surprised me the most! Who knew?! Also add to this list: window cleaners, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, or other abrasives.
4) Take off any protective covers before you clean (so that no liquid is potentially trapped).
5) To be extra safe, remove the battery from the back of the device before you clean.
6) Don’t use a cleaning spray if there are any cracks in the screen.
Watch here as I demonstrate how to properly clean a cell phone screen (subscribe):
Alright, so I didn’t take out my battery from the back (an added precaution), but you get the gist of how this works, right?
Once I first developed this three-ingredient, all natural formula, I couldn’t stop myself from running through the house cleaning screens! It was crazy fun!
Curious about what’s in this amazing three-ingredient DIY electronic screen cleaner?