img class=”aligncenter wp-image-12072 size-full” title=”Looking for a healthy salad that’s easy to make and is bursting with the amazing flavors of barbecue (and specifically the awesomeness of Tri Tip)? Oh man, have I got a salad for you (especially if you have meat lovers in your family)! You’ve got to try this tasty BBQ Tri Tip Salad with Lime Dill Dressing!” src=”http://yourvibrantfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/700-x-1400-BBQ-Tri-Tip-with-Lime-Dill-Dressing.jpg” alt=”Looking for a healthy salad that’s easy to make and is bursting with the amazing flavors of barbecue (and specifically the awesomeness of Tri Tip)? Oh man, have I got a salad for you (especially if you have meat lovers in your family)! You’ve got to try this tasty BBQ Tri Tip Salad with Lime Dill Dressing!” width=”700″ height=”1400″ />
This version serves 4-6 people, but it can be doubled or tripled depending on the size of the crowd you’re feeding.
BBQ Tri Tip Salad with Lime Dill Dressing
- 6 cups chopped salad greens
- 3-4 lbs Tri Tip meat
- 1 cucumber
- 2 large or 6-8 small bell peppers
- 1 green onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 large tomato
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (or any other milk)
- 3 whole garlic cloves
- 1 large handful of fresh dill
- 2 limes, juiced, plus zest from one of the limes
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- Heat up the grill and when it's hot, start cooking the Tri Tip over low-medium heat. Turn the meat every 5-7 minutes so that it won't burn.
- Chop up the salad greens and dice the cucumber, celery, green onion and tomatoes. Place these in the first large salad bowl.
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise. Cut the onion in wide rings (doing your best to keep them together). Place them both in another large salad bowl and drizzle them with olive oil and salt/pepper. Lightly mix the vegetables with your hands (to distribute the oil and seasonings) but try to keep the onion rings together (this helps with the grilling process).
- When the Tri Tip is about halfway done, add the onions and peppers and cook until they are nicely browned on each side.
- Remove the meat and veggies from the barbecue when they are done.
- Allow the meat to rest for 8-10 minutes before slicing it into long thin strips. Meanwhile, roughly chop the grilled onions and peppers.
- Add the meat and grilled vegetables to the bowl with the other vegetables. Mix with wooden salad tongs.
- To make the salad dressing, whirl the mayonnaise, milk, garlic cloves, fresh dill, lime juice and zest, chopped onion and salt/pepper in the Vita Mix blender.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad. Mix again with the wooden salad tongs and serve.
Other Healthy Recipes Your Family Will Love:
And don’t forget to pin this BBQ Tri Tip with Lime Dill Dressing Recipe!