Ever had those times in marriage where you can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong?
You’re not facing one of those huge marital issues we all fear. You just feel… unsettled. Unbalanced. Like you’re sitting in a three-legged chair.
And honestly you have no idea where the emotions are coming from.
My husband and I have a strong, solid marriage and let me confess that there have been several times we’ve experienced this.
We’ve learned that this uneasy feeling usually means that there’s some unresolved emotions hanging out below the surface.
Not that you’re intentionally hiding big secrets from each other, but it’s clear that there are things that you could share that would help you understand each other more and make your relationship better.
Honestly, I’ve learned to see these feelings as a blessing because give us the opportunity to remove any walls or negativity that may be forming between us.
Don’t you want to deal with these little issues when they are in their infancy and not when they’ve had time to simmer and ferment inside (and then become a huge marital issue)? Me too!
How can we dig out these deep emotions? What do we even say when we’re not even sure what we’re feeling?
I’d like to suggest these 17 conversation prompts to help you and your spouse access some of these deeper emotions.
These conversation prompts will help you:
- break through the walls that may be forming between you
- have a starting point for tough topics
- continue to communicate about ongoing marriage issues
- give ideas of what to say when you don’t know what to say (especially if you or your spouse has a hard time accessing emotions)
- make your marriage stronger on all levels
- bring greater emotional intimacy and connection
- deepen your marriage friendship and give you the closeness you desire
I’m so excited to share these with you and to help you keep your marriage strong, vibrant and thriving!
I know they can really help you because they’ve really helped my husband and I!